Dog Parks Near Cooper City, FL
Green grass, trees, play areas, water, lakes, ocean and new friends. It is no wonder your dog wants to visit a local dog park near Cooper City, FL. Tired of the same routine and the same scenery in your own yard? Florida offers some of the finest dog facilities across the nation and boy, do you have a selection.
Common Requirements for Dog Parks Near Cooper City, FL
Many dog parks in Cooper City require that all dogs must be fully vaccinated including a rabies certificate for each pet. Some dog parks, not all of them, will not allow certain potentially aggressive breeds such as pit-bulls and shepherds.
Before you head off to the park and unload your friend make sure you know all the rules and regulations of the specific park you want to attend. Some parks are for members only so check into this as well.
Dog Parks in Cooper City, FL
There are three dog parks located directly in Cooper City and many other dog parks located within a 20 mile radius. But before you hop in the car and head for the park, make sure you are prepared. Do not take young puppies that have not had all of their shots as they might catch something from another dog or give a virus they may be carrying. Also have a collar and leash handy as you will need them.
If you are looking to go to a dog park directly in Cooper City, here are your choices:
- Christie Schafale Park – 4900 SW 87th Avenue
- Forest Lake Park – 5700 SW 113th Avenue
- Monterra Community Dog Park – Located on Linear Park
Off-Leash Dog Parks Near Cooper City, FL
There are many off-leash dog parks within 20 miles of Cooper City, FL, including:
- Dog Swim and Bark Park at Snyder Park – 3299 SW 4th Ave, Fort Lauderdale (954) 828-4585
- CB Smith Park – 900 N Flamingo Rd, Pembroke Pines (954) 437-2650
- Amelia Earhart Dog Park – 401 NE 65th St, Miami (305) 685-8389
- Off Lead Dog Pool – Dog Day Care, Boarding, and Spa. (954) 491-8189
- Happy Tails Dog Park at Seminole Park – 6500 SW 16th St, Plantation
- Emerald Hills Lakes Dog Park – 3013 N 39th St, Hollywood (954) 921-3404
- Riverwalk Linear Dog Park – 20 N New River Dr E. Fort Lauderdale (954) 828-7275
- Johnson Street Dog Park – 9751 Johnson St, Pembroke Pines (954) 435-6520
- Barkham Dog Park at Markham Park – 16001 FL-84, Sunrise (954) 452-2510
- Margaret Pace Dog Park – 1745 N Bayshore Dr, Miami (305) 416-1300
- Canine Corner Dog Park – 1101 N Federal Hwy, Pompano Beach (954) 786-4574
- Windmill Dog Park – 700 Lyons Rd, Coconut Creek (954) 545-6645
- Oakridge Dog Park – 5300 S.W. 35 Avenue, Fort Lauderdale (954) 921-3404
- Belle Isle Dog Park – 30 Venetian Way, Miami Beach (305) 861-3616
- Gary B Jones Park for People and Pups – 8101 Southgate Blvd, Tamarac (954) 597-3620
- John Williams Dog Park – 6101 Sheridan St, Hollywood (954) 921-3404
- South Pointe Park – 1 Washington Ave, Miami Beach (305) 673-7730
- Colohatchee Bark Park – 1975 NE 15th Ave, Wilton Manors (954) 390-2130
- Poinciana Neighborhood Dog Park – 1301 S 21st Ave, Hollywood (954) 921-3404
- Pinetree Dog Park – 4400 Pine Tree Dr, Miami Beach (305) 673-7730
- Dr. Paul’s Pet Care Center Dog Park – 3225 Sportsplex Dr, Coral Springs (954) 344-1000
- Northeast Regional Dog Park at East Greynolds Park – 16700 Biscayne Blvd, North Miami Beach (305) 375-5128
- Bone Zone at Senator Gwen Margolis Park – 17815 N Bay Rd, Sunny Isles Beach (305) 792-1706
- Legion Memorial Dog Park – 6447 NE 7th Ave, Miami (305) 758-9027
- Dr. Steven G. Paul Dog Park – 2575 Sportsplex Dr, Coral Springs (954) 345-2200
- Oakland Bark Park – 971 NW 38th St, Oakland Park (954) 630-4500
- Barkland – 9245 Ranch Rd, Parkland (954) 757-4104
- Washington Avenue Bark Park – 201 2nd St, Miami Beach
- Founders Park – 3105 NE 190th St, Miami (305) 466-8556
- Miami Springs Bark Park – 751 Dove Ave, Miami Springs (305) 805-5075
- Trails & Tails Park – 11645 NW 50th St, Doral (305) 593-6600
- Martell Bark Park – 799 NE 36th St, Miami (305) 755-7800
- Golden Isles Dog Park – 424 Layne Blvd, Hallandale Beach (954) 457-1452
- K9 Cove Dog Park – 14048 Palmetto Frontage Road, Miami Lakes (305) 364-6100
- Steven L. Josias Dog Park – 5836 SW 193 Way, Southwest Ranches 954-932-2130
- Miramar Regional Park – 16801 Miramar Pkwy, Miramar (954) 883-6950
Once again, many of these dog parks have rules and regulations that are strictly followed so before you pack up your dog and head to the park, double check their hours, memberships, fees, location and breed type. Also note, you might have to show shot records so be prepared.
Benefits of Dog Parks Near Cooper City, FL
Dog parks are a fun way to alleviate boredom, bonding techniques, training, socialization and just good ol’ fashioned fun. Most dogs love going to the park. Especially in Florida where you can choose from lakes, rivers and ocean for the water dogs out there. Many of these parks are several acres allowing plenty of room to run and play.
Important Things to Keep in Mind When Going to a Dog Park
Many owners take their dog’s favorite toy to the park. Just know that not all dogs share and if it is crowded at the park and you throw your favorite ball or frisbee, your dog might not be the one to retrieve it. Be prepared to lose the toy and donate it to the park.
One final note, always carry a clean-up bag with you in case the park does not have any. Leaving dog waste is not only not courteous to others in the park, it’s usually against rules and regulations to leave it there. Pick up after your pet.
For more information or recommendations for dog parks, contact your veterinarian in Cooper City, FL. At Embassy Lakes Animal Hospital, we’ll always make sure your dog is up to date on their vaccinations and can answer any questions you may have about bringing your dog to the park.
Share This Article
About Embassy Lakes Animal Hospital
Located in Cooper City, FL, we strive to do more than simply be a full-service veterinarian for your pet. Our decades of experience has served generations of families and their beloved pets and we look forward to serving you as well!